The bulk of Four Rivers Conference football hardware this season is going to either the Wildcats or the Bulldogs.
The top two teams in the conference standings this season, Union and St. Clair, grabbed a heap of postseason awards including the big three — offensive player of the year, defensive player of the year and coach of the year.
Two of those three are headed to Union and the FRC champion Wildcats.
Union Head Coach Erick Webster was named coach of the year after leading the Wildcats to an undefeated 6-0 record in conference play and a 7-3 mark overall.
Senior defensive back Demetrius Clark represented the Wildcats as the player of the year on defense. He made 33 total tackles, 21 solo, with three interceptions and one safety on the year.
On the offensive side of the ball, St. Clair senior quarterback Timmy Hoffman took player of the year honors. Hoffman completed 22-36 passes for 477 yards and 10 touchdowns on the season. He also ran for 1,091 yards on 81 carries for 18 scores.
Hoffman was one of three unanimous first team all-conference selections. The other two were Union senior wide receiver Peyton Burke and St. Clair senior tight end Jacob Hawkins.
First-team selections on offense were:
• Sullivan wide receiver Blaine Blankenship;
• Union wide receiver Eli Klenke;
• St. James running back Tyler Recker;
• St. Clair running back Kamalei Bursey;
• St. Clair linemen Luke Feddersen and Ethan Talleur;
• Owensville lineman Jarrett Payne;
• Union lineman Luke Siddens;
• St. James lineman Logan Ives; and
• Pacific offensive lineman Max Meadows.
Members of the first team defense include:
• Owensville lineman Kayne Elms;
• St. Clair linemen Aaron Herman and Ryan Barrett;
• Union lineman Nick Luechtefeld;
• Union linebacker Haiden Meyer;
• St. Clair linebackers Harry Ramos and Anthoni White;
• St. James linebacker Sage Gibson;
• Union defensive backs Christophe Poinsette and Clark;
• St. Clair defensive back Dalton Thompson; and
• St. James defensive back Connor Gorrell.
First-team selections on special teams were:
• St. Clair kicker Landon Roberts;
• St. James punter Grant Conway; and
• St. Clair kick returner and utility player Thompson.
Representing the second team on offense are:
• Union quarterback Derek Hulsey;
• St. James wide receiver Grant Conway;
• Owensville wide receiver Cason Gray;
• Hermann wide receiver Chase Racherbaumer;
• Union running back Matt Bray;
• Hermann running back Trent Gleeson;
• Sullivan tight end Trevor Hamblin;
• St. Clair linemen Tanner Durham and Bailey Smith;
• Union lineman Eli Schulze; and
• Hermann lineman Sam Hurst.
Second-team selections on defense were:
• Union lineman Zac Elias;
• Sullivan lineman Hamblin;
• Hermann lineman Sam Krull;
• St. Clair lineman Hawkins;
• Sullivan linebacker Evan Shetley;
• Hermann linebacker Gleeson;
• Owensville linebacker Brad Long;
• Pacific linebacker Meadows;
• Hermann defensive back Racherbaumer;
• St. Clair defensive back Bursey;
• Sullivan defensive back Cameron Cunningham; and
• Owensville defensive back Derek Brandt.
Those receiving honorable mention include:
• Pacific quarterback Colton Thompson;
• St. Clair wide receiver Chase Walters;
• Union wide receiver Joey Sullivan;
• St. Clair running back Caleb Smith;
• Sullivan offensive linemen Tristan Brown and Cole Richardson;
• Union offensive lineman Kale Crawford;
• St. James defensive lineman Zach Davis;
• Union defensive linemen Jesus Payan and David Clark;
• Sullivan defensive lineman Will Allen;
• Union linebacker Brett Linhardt;
• Sullivan linebacker Isaac Peregoy;
• Pacific linebacker Sam Williams;
• Pacific defensive back Jackson Roloff;
• St. Clair defensive back Blaine Dace; and
• Sullivan defensive back Jacob Andreasson.