By Bill Battle
Missourian Sports Editor
After making a run at the GAC Central championship, the Washington soccer Lady Jays were rewarded with six players receiving league postseason honors.
Making the first team were:
• Senior forward Halee Nurnberger;
• Senior midfielder Brianna Pagan; and
• Junior defender Jenna Barnhart. Pagan also won the sportsmanship award for the Lady Jays.
Second-team selections from Washington were:
• Freshman midfielder Cassidy Nurnberger;
• Senior midfielder Arika Elliott; and
• Senior goalkeeper Mary McGilvray.
In the classroom, 13 Lady Jays were named to the GAC Central all-academic team. Receiving honors were Barnhart, Abi Boehlein, Bailey Carico, Johanna Collins, Elliott, Ashton Leslie, Cassidy Nurnberger, Halee Nurnberger, Pagan, Salena Pottebaum, Brittany Terschluse, Savannah Thibault and Sierra Thibault.