A state runner-up is now also an All Star.
St. Clair senior wrestler Jason Landing has been selected to represent Team Missouri in the annual East-West All Star Challenge Tuesday, March 6, in Edwardsville, Ill.
The East-West All Star Challenge features a selection of the best high school wrestlers from the St. Louis metro area in Missouri to compete against the best high school wrestlers from the Illinois metro area. The event is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. at the Jon Davis Wrestling Center.
Landing posted a 45-4 record on the season, finishing second at the state championship meet in Class 2 at his weight.
Among his accomplishments this season, Landing earned individual championships in his weight class at St. Clair’s tournament, the Union Tournament, the Ste. Genevieve Tournament, the Principia Tournament and the Kinloch Classic in Springfield.
Landing also went undefeated, 5-0, in Four Rivers Conference duals this season.
In the 132-pound match Tuesday, Landing will be pitted against Justin Koderhandt, an Illinois state qualifier from Belleville West.
Koderhandt posted a 44-10 record on the season and finished one win shy of a state medal in the Illinois 3A Tournament at 132.
Tuesday’s dual will feature 16 matches — 14 male weight classes and two female classes.
Other matches will include (Missouri on the left, Illinois on the right):
• 106 pounds — Open vs. Bailey Powell (state qualifier, Litchfield);
• 113 pounds — Cevion Severado (state champion, CBC) vs. Chris Santiago (Grantite City);
• Male 120 pounds — Nick Lindley (sixth in state, Ft. Zumwalt South) vs. Marquis Wilson (state qualifier, Cahokia);
• Female 120 pounds — Carly Valleroy (Mehlville) vs. Jocelyn Murphy (Jacksonville);
• 138 pounds — Luke Hardy (sixth in state, Troy) vs. Rodney Evans (fifth in state, Cahokia);
• 145 pounds — Cameron Wegener (third in state, Lafayette) vs. Ryan Chambers (fourth in state, Murphysboro);
• Male 152 pounds — Anthony Michaels (third in state, Lafayette) vs. Martell Boone (state runner-up, Cahokia);
• Female 152 pounds — Emma Cole (Lafayette) vs. Gracie Kristoff (Althoff);
• 160 pounds — Caleb Camacho (sixth in state, Northwest) vs. Danny Braunagel (state champion, Althoff);
• 170 pounds — Cameron Pickering (fifth in state, Ft. Zumwalt North) vs. Jack Bond (third in state, O’Fallon);
• 182 pounds — Kyle Dickhaus (third in state, Eureka) vs. Zach Braunagel (state champion, Althoff);
• 195 pounds — Jack Flynn (state champion, Francis Howell) vs. Michael Cantrell (state qualifier, Marion);
• 220 pounds — Cortez Woods (third in state, Lafayette) vs. Garrette Branson (thrid in state, Mattoon); and
• 285 pounds — Danny Conley (state champion, Chaminade) vs. David Griffet (state runner-up, Mahomet).