Preparing for the joint home meet with Washington High School, the Borgia girls swimming Lady Knights competed twice in recent days.
Rosati-Kain defeated Borgia Friday, 92-78, at the Four Rivers Area Family YMCA.
Borgia went on the road Monday, losing at Parkway Central, 136-47.
The Borgia-Washington meet is set for Friday at the YMCA. Warmups start at 3:45 p.m.
Borgia Head Coach Diane Jones said Borgia had its challenges for both meets.
“Rosati had 27 swimmers and a lot of depth,” Jones said. “I was proud of the way the girls competed with them. We will see them again at conference.”
Parkway Central is an established power in swimming and Borgia challenged itself in the Monday meet.
“Parkway Central aims to be top four in the state, so the score was irrelevant to us,” Jones said. “What was relevant were the two school record times in the 200 medley and 400 freestyle relays.”
There were other highlights as well.
“In the 50 free, Evie Alferman got a consideration time and Elizabeth Simily broke 31 seconds for the first time,” Jones said. “Hannah Whitacre and Cassandra Caragine both got season’s best times in the 500 free.”
In Friday’s home meet, Borgia had five winners:
• Whitacre won the 200 freestyle in 2:22.28;
• Emily Reuwer won the 100 butterfly in 1:03;
• Whitacre won the 500 freestyle in 6:18.94;
• Reuwer won the 100 backstroke in 1:04.38; and
• 400 freestyle relay team of Whitacre, Alferman, Caragine and Reuwer won in 4:20.77.
Borgia’s second-place finishers were:
• 200 medley relay team of Reuwer, Olivia Smith, Whitacre and Alferman in 2:09.75;
• Alferman in 50 freestyle in 29.58;
• Alferman in 100 freestyle in 1:06.63;
• 200 freestyle relay of Simily, Diana Pfeiffer, Claire Birke and Smith in 2:11.76; and
• Smith in 100 breaststroke in 1:32.76.
In Monday’s meet at Parkway Central, Borgia’s winners were:
• Reuwer in 100 butterfly in 1:01.30; and
• Reuwer in 100 backstroke in 1:03.06.
Second-place finishers were:
• Alferman in 50 freestyle in 28.48;
• Alferman in 100 freestyle in 1:03.41;
• Whitacre in 500 freestyle in 5:58.64;
• 400 freestyle relay team of Alferman, Caragine, Whitacre and Reuwer in 4:09.69.