Returning home, the Borgia swimming Knights defeated Ft. Zumwalt South Friday at the Four Rivers Area Family YMCA, 87-83.
“The boys did amazing at the meet,” Borgia Head Coach Jennifer Alferman-Molitor said. “We have never come close to beating Ft. Zumwalt South, so it was very exciting that they did. All the boys did great and really swam well. Their times weren’t spectacular but it was extremely hot in the pool area so I know that affected their times. I think we are finally on the mend and just in time since we have three meets next week. All of our focus is on the Fort Zumwalt North Invitational next Saturday and we have been really working hard for that meet.”
Borgia won eight of the events during the meet.
• 200 medley relay team of Jeffrey Van Deven, Colton Lewis, Andrew Simily and Robert Halsted in 1:52.07;
• Halsted in 200 freestyle in 2:09.06;
• Simily in 200 individual medley in 2:14.75;
• Van Deven in 50 freestyle in 26.02;
• Halsted in 100 freestyle in 52.33;
• 200 freestyle relay team of Van Deven, Lewis, Derek VanBooven and Drew Smith in 1:48.65;
• Van Deven in 100 backstroke in 1:04.44;
• 400 freestyle relay team of Alex Kriete, VanBooven, Simily and Halsted in 3:55.81.
Borgia had two second-place finishers with Simily taking second in the 100 butterfly and Lewis ending second in the 100 breaststroke.
Borgia’s third-place finishers were Kyler Shelby Ryan Kluesner (twice), Lewis and VanBooven.
Borgia has one more home meet, Oct. 27 against Lutheran St. Charles-O’Fallon Christian.