Two survivors of the old Gateway Swim League Small Division matched up Monday in Lemay.
And it came down to the final few events, but host Indian Hills defeated the Pacific Swim Team, 273-259.
“My swimmers continue to improve and it’s fun to see happen,” said Pacific Head Coach Hart Hillhouse. “Hopefully, by conference, we get to have a meet that our whole team is at. It’s just tough to get them all at a meet with everyone’s busy schedule.”
Pacific (0-2) will host Union Saturday at 8 a.m. It will be the third attempt for those teams to complete the meet. The original meet was called off due to storms Monday, June 17, and the makeup meet Wednesday, June 19, ended with the results not being counted.
Pacific hosts Arbor Oaks Monday at 6 p.m. in its final dual meet of the season.
The division meet will be held in Pacific July 13.
Pacific’s diving team has won its first two meets and is scheduled to compete again Saturday at Cool Dell.
In Monday’s swim meet at Indian Hills, Pacific’s individual medley winners were Lizi Delmain, Nick Wamsley and Kaitlyn Delmain.
Taking second for Pacific were Maddie King, Jonah De Beir, Lexi Delmain, Taylor Barnes and Joel Virtudazo.
Placing third were Matthew Wamsley and Emily Bratch.
In freestyle races, Pacific’s winners in scoring heats were Isaac Van Deven, Alyssa Somers, Jonah De Beir, Lexi Delmain, Ryan Sauvage and Bella Sauvage.
In the breaststroke races, Pacific’s winners were Isaac Van Deven, Will Jett, Matthew Wamsley, Alyssa Crum, Livi Lindemann, Nick Wamsley, Taylor Barnes and Joel Virtudazo.
In the freestyle relay races, Pacific’s winners were:
• Girls 13-14 team of Lillian Hardcastle, Livi Lindemann, Lizi Delmain and Lexi Delmain;
• Boys 13-14 team of Paul Carter, Tim Toney, Ryan Sauvage and Nick Wamsley;
• Girls 15-18 team of Bella Sauvage, Maggie Donnelly, Taylor Barnes and Kaitlyn Delmain; and
• Boys 15-18 team of Joseph Petersen, Joseph Schimsa, Joel Virtudazo and Ashton Moore.
In the backstroke races, Pacific’s winners were James Wamsley, Dan Wamsley, Ethan Lirette, Lexi Delmain, Nick Wamsley and Bella Sauvage.
In the butterfly races, Pacific’s winners were Lizi Delmain, Ryan Sauvage and Kaitlyn Delmain.
In the medley relay races, Pacific’s winning teams were:
• Girls 13-14 team of Lexi Delmain, Livi Lindemann, Lizi Delmain and Lillian Hardcastle;
• Boys 13-14 team of Tim Toney, Ryan Sauvage, Nick Wamsley and Paul Carter;
• Girls 15-18 team of Kaitlyn Delmain, Taylor Barnes, Maggie Donnelly and Mackenzie Ekren; and
• Boys 15-18 team of Coleman Kuseliauskas, Joel Virtudazo, Aston Moore and Joseph Schimsa.