Coaches from the MSHSAA Class 4 District 9 have selected their 2012-13 all-district honors.
Coaches picked 10 boys and 10 girls to be forwarded to the Missouri Basketball Coaches Association for all-state consideration.
Coaches of the year also were selected during the voting.
Winning the boys coach of the year was Pacific’s John VanLeer.
Sullivan’s Jason Merkel, who led his Lady Eagles to the district title, earned the girls coach of the year award.
On the boys side, receiving all-district honors were:
• Pacific sophomore Cullen VanLeer;
• Sullivan junior Justin Biermann;
• Borgia senior Jordan Miller;
• St. Clair senior Neyko Dominguez;
• Borgia senior Casey Kuchem;
• Sullivan senior Adam Weiland;
• Union sophomore Nick Ziegler;
• Union senior Brandon Ford;
• Pacific junior Tanner Brown; and
• Pacific senior Zeth Boyer.
Of those honored, VanLeer was the top scorer at 18 points per game. Biermann was next at 16.2 while Dominguez scored 14.5 and Miller had 14.2 points.
The top rebounder was Ford at 8.8 boards per game. He was followed by Biermann (7.9), Weiland (5.9) and Boyer (4.8). VanLeer and Dominguez each had 4.5 per game.
Dominguez was tops in assists at 4.77 while VanLeer was next at 4.72. Miller had 3.96 and Biermann followed at 3.52.
In the steals department, Biermann led the way with 4.57. Weiland was next at 2.41, Miller had 2.4 and Dominguez was next at 1.73.
Ford led the all-district picks with 3.91 blocked shots per game. Kuchem was next at 1.48. Nobody else averaged more than half of a blocked shot per game.
On the girls side, players being honored were:
• Borgia junior Janie Arand;
• Sullivan junior Taylor Lucas;
• Pacific senior Lizzy Almo;
• Owensville freshman Hailey Diestelkamp;
• Sullivan junior Sierra Pryor;
• Pacific junior Kya Hill;
• Union senior Rachael Bassett;
• Borgia senior Katie Lindemann;
• Union sophomore Bethany Coons; and
• Sullivan junior Aley Lucas.
Arand was the top scorer at 17 points per game. Diestelkamp was second at 15. Almo averaged 13.4 while Lindemann was fourth at 13.2. Hill and Bassett each averaged 13 points per game.
Diestelkamp led the honored with 12 rebounds per game. Bassett averaged 10 while Lindemann had 9.1, Hill had eight, Taylor Lucas averaged 6.6 and Aley Lucas averaged 6.5.
In the assists department, Almo led the way with four per game. Pryor and Coons were next at 3.3. Arand averaged 2.8.
Diestelkamp averaged three steals per contest. Pryor was second at 2.8 while Coons averaged 2.6 and Taylor Lucas followed at 2.3.
Hill led the list at 2.2 blocked shots per game. Diestelkamp was next at two. Bassett averaged 0.6 of a blocked shot per game while Taylor Lucas averaged 0.5 of a blocked shot per contest.