Earning its first road victory of the season, the Washington Swim Team closed out the dual meet portion of the schedule with a winning record.
Washington won at Westglen Village Monday, 299-232. That allowed the Stingrays to finish their dual meet season at 3-2 heading into the division championship meet.
“The kids did awesome,” said Washington Head Coach Jennifer Alferman-Molitor. “They swam really hard and all of their practice paid off. We only had a few mistakes but they are all easy to fix.”
Washington hosts the division meet this weekend at the Four Rivers Area YMCA.
The first session, for swimmers 11 and older, will start Friday at 5:30 p.m. The second session, for swimmers 10 and under, will begin at 1:30 p.m. Saturday.
“We are really looking forward to hosting everyone at the YMCA this weekend for conference,” Alferman-Molitor said.
Monday’s dual meet finale started with individual medley races.
Washington’s winners were Aubrie Moreland, Ryan Hoerstkamp, Lily Harrell, Lily Van Biljon, Connor Kriete and Michael Matthews.
Stingrays swimming to second place were Claire Ayers and Max Blackmur.
Earning a point for a third-place finish was Emily Moreland.
In the freestyle event, Washington’s swimmers winning scoring heats were Maddy Henderson, Ryan Hoerstkamp, Claire Van Biljon, Robert Weirich and Michael Matthews.
In the breaststroke races, Washington’s winners were Zachary Posinski, Madeline Dowil, Olivia Smith, Derek Van Booven, Connor Kriete and Jacob Smith.
Freestyle relay races followed and Washington’s winning teams were:
• Girls 6-Under team of Nina Klak, Emmalyne Henderson, Dani Benhardt and Maddy Henderson;
• Girls 9-10 team of Avery Lackey, Gabrielle Mattli, Aubrie Moreland and Madeline Dowil;
• Boys 9-10 team of Ryan Hoerstkamp, Spencer Coates, Mason Kauffeld and Ryan Kluesner;
• Girls 11-12 team of Lily Harrell, Claire Van Biljon, Hannah Struckhoff and McKenzie Dohm;
• Girls 13-14 relay of Lily Van Biljon, Kacie Huxol, Emily Reuwer and Sarah Eckelkamp;
• Boys 13-14 team of Robert Weirich, Trevor Brauer, Connor Kriete and Nick Sikes; and
• Boys 15-18 team of Max Blackmur, Michael Finck, Jacob Smith and Michael Matthews.
In the backstroke event, Washington’s winners were Nina Klak, Aidan Brinkmann, Aubrie Moreland, Lily Harrell, Caleb Haas, Lily Van Biljon, Nick Sikes, Emily Moreland and Squire Holt.
In the butterfly event, Washington’s winners were Maddy Henderson, Aubrie Moreland, Ryan Hoerstkamp, Lily Harrell, Connor Kriete and Michael Matthews.
The meet concluded with medley relay races. Washington’s winners were:
• Boys 8-Under team of Andrew Boren, Aidan Brinkmann, Zachary Posinski and Landon McCabe;
• Girls 9-10 team of Gabrielle Mattli, Avery Lackey, Aubrie Moreland and Alicia Baylard;
• Girls 11-12 team of Lily Harrell, Claire Ayers, Claire Van Biljon and McKenzie Dohm;
• Girls 13-14 team of Emily Reuwer, Bonnie Eckelkamp, Lily Van Biljon and Sarah Eckelkamp;
• Boys 13-14 team of Nick Sikes, Trevor Brauer, Robert Weirich and Connor Kriete; and
• Boys 15-18 team of Max Blackmur, Jacob Smith, Michael Matthews and Squire Holt.