Just happy to be back outdoors competing, Union hosted a four-team track meet Thursday at Stierberger Stadium.
And the host Lady ’Cats won the girls team title with 104 points.
St. Clair scored 91 points to take second while Sullivan was third at 50 and New Haven finished fourth with 24 points.
On the boys side, St. Clair rolled to the title with 102.5 points.
Sullivan was second at 89.5 points while Union took third with 47 and New Haven scored 19.
Nearly all of the snow had melted near the track. There still was snow on the hillside near the shot put and discus venue. Those venturing out to measure or retrieve items had to deal with mud.
• 100-meter dash — Sullivan’s Brianna Winistoerfer won in 13.72. She was followed by Union’s Amber Tharp and Janna Ruether.
• 200-meter dash — St. Clair’s Emily Presley was the winner in 28.17. Union’s Amber Tharp and Ali Overstreet were next.
• 400-meter dash — New Haven’s Molly Munsinger won in 1:04.41 with Taylor Covington and Emma Borcherding completing a New Haven sweep of the top three spots.
• 800-meter run — St. Clair’s Lyndsay Hardin took the title in 2:29.33. Union’s Janna Ruether and Sullivan’s Natalie Schriever were next.
• 1,600-meter run — Union’s Kayla Kelly was the winner in 6:01. Union’s Taylor LaValle and Sullivan’s Megan Brandt followed.
• 3,200-meter run — Megan Creasy of St. Clair won in 14:47. Union’s Hannah Candrl and Sullivan’s Sarah Rhoads followed.
• 100-meter high hurdles — Union’s Anna Houston, a four-event winner in the meet, breezed to victory in 16.3, over 2.3 seconds ahead of Madison Bartle of Sullivan. Schriever was third.
• 300-meter low hurdles — Houston won in 47.68 with Union’s KateLyn Riechers and St. Clair’s Halley Cokley following.
• 400-meter relay — St. Clair’s team of Amanda Presley, Emily Presley, Brittany Hauther and Kaighlee Grable won in 53.53. Sullivan and Union followed.
• 800-meter relay — The same St. Clair team from the 400-meter relay also won the 800-meter event in 1:55.54. Union and New Haven followed.
• 1,600-meter relay — Union’s Ruether, Taylor LaValle, Lyndsy Siedhoff and Overstreet won in 4:20.33. New Haven and St. Clair were next.
• 3,200-meter relay — Kelly, Overstreet, Siedhoff and Candrl won in a time of 10:57.47. St. Clair and New Haven were next.
• Shot put — After breaking a school record last week, St. Clair’s Allison Hinson continued to dominate the event with a throw of 41-7. Hinson currently has the longest reported throw in Missouri with last week’s record breaker. She bettered teammate Alicia York by 6 1/2 feet Thursday. Karissa Hoffman of St. Clair was third.
• Discus — York claimed the title with a throw of 112-4, nearly 20 feet better than Hoffman. Hinson was third.
• High jump — Houston was the only athlete to clear 4-10 to win the title. St. Clair’s Alex Lashley and Union’s Jill Johnston topped out at 4-8.
• Pole vault — Houston won the title at 9-0, higher than Sullivan’s Sarah Messex by 2 feet. Union’s Tara Nolkemper was third.
• Long jump — St. Clair’s Grable went 14-9 to win the title over Union’s Tharp and Ruether.
• Triple jump — Sullivan’s Dana Schatz posted a distance of 32-9 to easily win that event. Union’s Alicia Brueggemann was second and Lashley took third.
• 100-meter dash — St. Clair’s Rickey Grivetti blazed to the title at 11.91. St. Clair’s Spencer Crumbaugh and Union’s Logan Bellamy were second and third, respectively.
• 200-meter dash — Grivetti rolled to an easy win in 23.98. Sullivan’s Tristan Hawkins and Zack Robertson followed.
• 400-meter dash — St. Clair’s Jonathon Benkert won in 52.29. Sullivan’s Jacob Woodcock and Union’s Dustin Longsdon were next.
• 800-meter run — Sullivan’s Chris Erxleben won in 2:09.69. New Haven’s Seth Schenck and Sullivan’s Brad Jones took second and third.
• 1,600-meter run — Union’s Jordan Nowak won the title in 4:57. Next were Sullivan’s Brad Jones and Mark Johnson.
• 3,200-meter run — Dominick Pataky of New Haven won in 10:56 with Union’s Dylan Fitzgerald and New Haven’s Zach Grater following.
• 110-meter high hurdles — St. Clair’s Adam Brott won easily, posting a time of 18.0. Union’s Jake Siddens was second.
• 300-meter intermediate hurdles — Sullivan’s Zack Robertson won in 45.62. Next were St. Clair’s Jacob Meisel and Union’s Siddens.
• 400-meter relay — St. Clair’s team of Brott, Grivetti, Crumbaugh and Terrance Stahlman won in 45.49. Sullivan and Union were next.
• 800-meter relay — St. Clair won in 1:35 with Benkert, Brott, Grivetti and Stahlman running. Sullivan and New Haven followed.
• 1,600-meter relay — Union’s team of Jake Carman, Siddens, Bellamy and Longsdon won in 3:58.41. Sullivan was second.
• 3,200-meter relay — Sullivan’s team of Erxleben, Jones, Randy Swaller and Johnson won in 8:44.87. St. Clair was second and Union took third.
• Shot put — St. Clair’s Jake Yerkey won with a throw of 41-6. Sullivan’s Cody Golden and Mitch Paneitz were next.
• Discus — Yerkey swept the throwing events with a distance of 141-9, a comfortable win over Union’s Joe Lasky. St. Clair’s Collin Scott was third.
• High jump — Sullivan’s Zack Holtz cleared 5-2 to defeat New Haven’s Seth Schenck and St. Clair’s Coty DeClue.
• Pole vault — St. Clair’s Dalton Ulrich was the winner at 11-0. Cody McMeen of Sullivan and David Webb of St. Clair tied for second at 10-6.
• Long jump — St. Clair’s Crumbaugh was the only one to break 20 feet, ending at 20-4.5. St. Clair’s Stahlman was second and Ryan Schumaker was third.
• Triple jump — St. Clair’s Brott went 38-6 to win the title. Sullivan’s McMeen was second and Matt McGowan of Sullivan took third.