A total of 22 area athletes were awarded all-state medals in 18 different events during the MSHSAA Class 3-4 track and field championships last Friday and Saturday at Lincoln University in Jefferson City.
The top eight finishers in each event earned all-state honors.
Sullivan won a team trophy with a third-place girls finish in Class 3.
Leading the way were Sullivan seniors Macy Ritter and Bria Bartolotta, who both claimed four all-state medals.
Ritter won the Class 3 girls long jump with a leap of 18-0. She also finished fourth in the triple jump at 35-3 1/2. Bartolotta finished second in the triple jump with a leap of 35-8 and fifth in the long jump at 16-9.
Other state medalists were:
• Sullivan's 400-meter relay team of Brianna Winistoerfer, Natasha Snavely, Ritter and Bartolotta placed sixth in a time of 49.91.
• Sullivan's 800-meter relay team of Natalie Schriever, Winistoerfer, Ritter and Bartolotta was sixth in 1:45.97.
• Washington's Abi Brown finished fourth in the Class 4 girls 800-meter run in 2:19.06.
• Union's Trevor King placed fourth in the Class 3 boys 110-meter high hurdles in 14.91.
• Owensville's Trevor Nicks was fourth in the Class 3 boys shot put at 49-11.
• Union's Hannah Mayfield finished fifth in the shot put at 40-0 1/4 and eighth in the discus at 112-0.
• Union's Anna Houston tied for fifth in the pole vault at 10-3 and was eighth in the 100-meter high hurdles in 16.21.
• Borgia finished fifth in the girls 3,200-meter relay in 9:43.55. Running for the Lady Knights were Emmy Glastetter, Haley Russell, Taylor Nadler and Emily Grahl.
• St. Clair's Kyle Juergens finished sixth in the pole vault at 13-9
• Pacific placed sixth in the Class boys 800-meter relay in 1:31.3. Running were Jeffrey Hinkle, Kyle Burgess, Alex Gentry and Dillon Bowers.
• Sullivan's Natalie Schriever was sixth in the girls 300-meter low hurdles in 46.51.
• St. James' Shelby Ridenhour placed seventh in the girls 100-meter dash in 12.87.
• Owensville's Katie Gregor was seventh in the Class 3 girls shot put at 39-4 1/4.
• St. Clair's Rickey Grivetti finished eighth in boys 200-meter dash in 22.79.
More details from the state track and field meet will appear in future editions of the Missourian.