The holidays brought another round of recognition for two St. Francis Borgia Regional football players.
Senior linebacker Matthew Sinnott and senior running back Louis Eckelkamp were each selected to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s All-Metro football team. Earlier this month, area athletes were also named to the paper’s All-Metro softball, volleyball and cross country squads.
Sinnott was a second-team defense selection. Eckelkamp was named to the third-team offense.
The following area athletes were also honored in the All-Metro team in their respective sports:
• Sullivan senior Addison Purvis, softball — pitcher of the year;
• Pacific junior Annie Mueller, softball — first-team infielder;
• Sullivan junior Hannah Cox, softball — first-team infielder;
• Borgia senior Paige Lynn, volleyball — first team;
• Sullivan sophomore Hanna Johanning, softball — second-team utility player;
• Washington senior Claire Ayers, girls cross country — second team;
• Washington sophomore Mia Reed, girls cross country — second team; and
• Washington junior Ellie Quaethem, softball — third-team pitcher.