Vatican says Pope Benedict XVI will be resigning on Feb. 28.
As featured on
Declaring that he lacks the strength to do his job, Pope Benedict XVI announced Monday he will resign Feb. 28 — becoming the first pontiff to step down in 600 years. His decision sets the stage for a mid-March conclave to elect a new leader for a Roman Catholic Church in deep turmoil.
Find a local business
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Breaking news alerts sent right to your inbox!
Signup today! News updates sent out twice a week.
The latest e-Edition of The Missourian is now available!
Are you a subscriber who would you like to know when the latest e-edition of The Missourian is live online? Signup today!
Court Dockets & Dispositions
- Deputy Injured While Chasing Drug Suspect - Man Escapes, Woman Charged
- Man Charged With Elder Abuse in Altercation — Grandfather Suffered Broken Hip
- DWI Crackdown Begins
- Week 1 Football — Knights, Unnerstall Romp Indians in Season Opener
- Ray J’s Greasy Spoon Offers Comfort Food - Opened Friday in Washington
- Vandiver Will Serve as Director of Jireh Ministries
- Jury Reaches Guilty Verdict in MoDOT Crash — Sentencing Scheduled October 5
- Airport Closing Is on the Horizon
- Suspect Charged in Theft Case - School Case Still Pending
- Expect to Begin Trail Clearing Work Soon