Vatican says Pope Benedict XVI will be resigning on Feb. 28.
As featured on
Declaring that he lacks the strength to do his job, Pope Benedict XVI announced Monday he will resign Feb. 28 — becoming the first pontiff to step down in 600 years. His decision sets the stage for a mid-March conclave to elect a new leader for a Roman Catholic Church in deep turmoil.
- UPDATE: Suspect Charged in Delivery Man Case
- Former Sears Store Owner Sentenced
- Three Injured in Crash Near Highway 47 Bridge
- Man Charged With Assaulting Woman
- Taking Life in Deep Breaths
- A Head for Business, a Heart for Social Work
- Lake Sherwood Man Gets 15 Years; Held Ohio Teen Captive
- Elderly Woman Killed in Accident on Route T
- Two Injured After Fall Off Highway T
- County, Air Methods Adopt Agreement to Improve Air Ambulance Service