Sent by a Missourian Reader —
To The Editor:
Did you know —
* A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school’s vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.
* A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.
* A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.
* A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.
* A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.
* A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two co-workers who carried concealed handguns.
* A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.
* At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon.
Two thousand five hundred times last year alone legal gun owners stopped violent crime when confronted with it long before any police assistance . . . Of course, you probably didn’t know any of this because mainstream media doesn’t find it worth reporting. It’s not sensational enough and doesn’t fit with their agenda. What’s insane is people who think removing rights from responsible people will somehow keep them safe.