(BPT) - Whether traveling for business or pleasure, a trip away from home means a shift away from your regular routine. In some ways, this can be fun and exciting, but if you’re not careful, such a trip can also hinder the healthy lifestyle you’ve worked so hard to create.
Fortunately, even the most enjoyable trip doesn’t have to mean needing a few days to return to your normal routine. There are ways to maintain your healthy lifestyle, no matter where you are by utilizing the facilities within your hotel. Keep these five tips in mind during your upcoming travel so you don’t have to sacrifice your healthy lifestyle while away from home.
* Start the day right. Ever heard the saying breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Of course you have, and guess what? It’s still the most important meal of the day even when you're traveling. Look for a hotel that offers complimentary breakfast and take advantage of this benefit. A healthy meal to start your day will give you more energy and help you feel less hungry later.
* Save time to exercise. The right hotel can make you feel as though you’ve moved into your gym. Homewood Suites by Hilton and Home2 Suites by Hilton are loaded with fitness amenities including state-of-the-art fitness areas and swimming pools for a quick lap. Build some time into your day to utilize these facilities and your workout regimen won’t miss a beat just because you are traveling.
* Plan it all out. If your visit is for business, plan as many activities around your professional obligations as possible, and if you’re here for pleasure, fill your calendar with fun, healthy activities. You can make better use of your limited time by being active, which supports a good calorie burn and protects you from snacking while you watch television.
* Cook in when you can. A fun meal out can be a delicious way to explore a new area, but the healthier, more cost-effective avenue is to eat in whenever possible. Homewood Suites by Hilton and Home2 Suites by Hilton feature fully equipped kitchens and in-suite cooking utensils and supplies to make cooking in-house a breeze. And if you’re worried about finding the supplies you need, take advantage of the grocery shopping delivery service at Homewood Suites. Compile your shopping list and you can enjoy delicious meals like this quick, creamy shrimp pasta all in the comfort of your suite.
* Take the scenic route. At home you know the best bike routes, running paths and trails. On the road you lack that expertise, but you can still use this time to explore your surroundings. Research nearby parks and bike rentals before your trip and schedule time to get active.
Traveling to a new city doesn't mean you should abandon your old routine. If you choose the right hotel and plan ahead of time, there's no reason your latest adventure can't be rewarding to both you and your healthy lifestyle. To learn more about Homewood Suites by Hilton and Home2 Suites by Hilton, visit www.hiltonbringit.com.