Over the extended holiday weekend, Washington fire crews were kept busy with a number of calls, some within minutes of each other.

Saturday at 2:04 p.m., firefighters assisted with a minor motorcycle accident near 5843 Country Club Road.

Saturday shortly before 11 p.m., fire crews responded to 25 E. Fourth St., for a deck that caught on fire from a barbecue smoker.

Fire Chief Bill Halmich said the damage was confined to the floor of the deck. No one was injured.

Sunday around 11:38 a.m., crews responded to an odor of gasoline at the Arbors at South Pointe on Old Highway 100.

Fire officials discovered a gas can that had overturned in the back of a pickup truck parked at the Arbors. There was no fire, Halmich said.

At 2:54 p.m. firefighters extinguished a railroad tie that caught fire.

At 3:30 p.m., crews responded to a disabled watercraft west of the riverfront.

Monday morning, firefighters assisted eight individuals, including seven Boy Scouts, who were dehydrated at the riverfront during the Memorial Day service

At 11:01 a.m., firefighters were called to 407 Windy Hills for an automatic alarm, which turned out not to be a fire, Halmich said.

Then, shortly after, crews were sent to Highway A at Pottery Road for cable wires reported down.

Within minutes of those two calls, the Boles Fire Protection District called for a tanker to assist with a mobile home fire at 883 Shady Hill Drive.

Around 3 p.m., firefighters extinguished a dumpster fire at 1316 Stafford St.

Shortly after, crews assisted with a gunshot victim on Bluff Road.

The last call Monday was around 7:10 p.m. for a balcony fire in the Southwinds Apartment Complex.