The deadlines to enter contests in the upcoming Washington Town and Country Fair are fast approaching.
Contests with a July 13 deadline are as follows:
• Agriculture Video Contest (new event, participants must be a member of 4-H or FFA).
• Farm Mechanics.
• Horticulture Judging Contest.
• Livestock Judging Contest.
• Washer Tournament (limitedd to the first 48, two-person teams and entry fee of $30 must accompany the registration form.)
Contests with a July 25 deadline are as follows:
• Backseat Driving.
• Bubble Gum Blowing.
• Bucket Brigade.
• Bucket of Junk (Limited to the first 10 entries per class, adults or juniors. Buckets must be picked up at the Chamber office and registered. The junior class is already full.)
• Egg Drop.
• Fitness Challenge.
• Just Dance Contest (new event, limited to the first 24 entries).
• Kid’s Super Farmer Contest (few openings remain, alternatives only for ages 7-14, and only three openings for ages 5-6).
• Outhouse Race (limited to the first eight, four-person teams).
• Pie Eating.
• Pig Chase (few openings remain, alternates only in ages 5-10, four openings in age 11-12).
• Pedal Tractor.
• Super Farmer Contest (few openings remain).
• Turtle Race.
• Talent Contest (few openings remain, alternates only in vocal-age 10-13, openings in all other classes).
The Wii Bowling Tournament is limited to the first 20, two-person teams. An entry fee of $30 must accompany registration form.
For the Field Class Tractor Pull, all entry forms must be received on or before July 27. An entry fee of $20 must accompany registration form.
For the Garden Tractor Pull, the entry form along with a $10 entry fee must be returned by Aug. 1.