The Missourian and Warren County Record advertising staff won numerous awards at the annual Missouri Advertising Managers Association (MAMA) Best Ad Contest held last Thursday and Friday in Columbia.
The awards were presented by Dennis Warden, MAMA president.
The Missourian won a total of eight awards in the weeklies division, including three first-place honors.
The Warren County Record won Best of Show for a weekly paper; first place for Full Page Color Ad and third place for Best Advertising Content for Entire Publication. The ad rep was Jana Todd.
The other awards won by The Missourian and the ad reps recognized are as follows:
• Most Creative Use of Full Color, first place, Lavender Shoppe, Jeanine York.
• Best Advertising Sales Tool, first place, Media Kit, Jane Haberberger.
• Best One-Time Special Section, first place, 2011 Bridal Showcase, staff.
• Most Creative Use of One Spot Color, second place, Valentine’s Day, Ann Vogel.
• Best Classified Section, second place, Missourian classifieds, Jeanine York.
• Best Advertising Sales Tool, third place, online contests, Jane Haberberger.
• Best One-Time Special Section, third place, Parade of Babies, staff.
• Best Newspaper Promotion, honorable mention, Follow emissourian, Ethan Busse and Jamie Bax.
Missourian Ad Director Jane Haberberger attended the ad conference, along with Jeanine York, classified ad manager, and Jana Todd of The Record.