Washington High School will hold its Curriculum Night this Thursday, Feb. 1.
Thr evening will begin with a meet and greet for parochial school families, followed by an enrollment meeting for both parochial and public school families.
In the Big Blue Jay Gymnasium, the Curriculum Fair will be set up so that families can explore the high school’s programs and courses.
There also will be several parent break out sessions.
Enrollment paperwork is posted on the high school’s website for parochial school families.
The Curriculum Night schedule is as follows:
• 5-5:30 p.m. — Parochial school families can meet with the WHS guidance and administrative staff.
This is an opportunity to discuss the enrollment process that is unique to students who have been attending local private schools.
• 5:30 to 6 p.m — WHS will welcome the Class of 2022 parochial and public school families to the C.J. Burger Fine Arts Center to meet the administration and guidance staff, discuss grades, credits, planning for the next four years and the process of registering for classes.
• 5:30-7:30 p.m. — The Curriculum Fair will be open in the Big Blue Jay Gym. This is an opportunity to visit with faculty about programs and courses, including programs offered at the Four Rivers Career Center.
• 6:25-6:55 p.m. — Session I of the Parent Speaker Series.
• 7-7:30 p.m. — Session II of the Parent Speaker Series.
Parents may choose to attend one or two sessions, the topics are as follows: Drug/Alcohol Awareness; AP (Advanced Placement) Courses/Exams; Credits Needed for Graduation; Pathways/High School Update; Book Review/Raising an Adult; Financial Aid; ACT/SAT/WorkKeys; and Internet Safety.