Union Fire crews responded to 15 fire calls Wednesday night, but there were no injuries reported during the storm.

Fire Chief Russ Hamilton said the firefighters were dispatched to 15 calls.

“Most were for wires down or trees into wires,” he said. “There were no injuries.”

However, not all of the calls were minor. Crews responded to the First Baptist Church of Union when a microburst damaged the church roof, broke a window and downed a power line.

Firefighters also responded to the former Sundance Saloon on Washington Avenue for a partial building collapse.

A tree in the backyard of a home located on South Washington Avenue fell and landed on top of a home on South Jefferson Avenue.

There were no injuries reported in that incident, Hamilton said.

There was a tree that struck a Spradling Avenue home, but that damage had not been reported to fire officials.

According to the National Weather Service, both straight-line winds and a microburst were the cause of much of the damage in Union.

A microburst hit the church, located at Highway 50 and Highway 47 north, before 8 p.m. The estimated wind speed was 70 miles per hour.

Most of the metal roof was peeled from the attached-brick building and insulation was thrown downward toward the intersection of East Main Street and Highway 47, the NWS reported.

There also were small trees snapped off and damage to church roof shingles. There was insulation and other debris blown into the Walgreens parking lot and drive through.

Hamilton said all of the equipment at Firehouse No. 2 in downtown Union was manned, and there also was a crew stationed at Firehouse No. 3.

Those are in addition to the paid crew at Firehouse No. 1.

Hamilton added that a command center was set up at Firehouse No. 1 so district officials could assist in dispatching.

“It was so busy up at Franklin County, the county would call us at House No. 1 and we’d dispatch our own equipment,” he said.

He further added that method allowed for trucks to cover more calls.

“That way we can send a truck here, and send a truck there,” he said. “We didn’t have multiple pieces of apparatus going to one call — we needed to spread out and we could do the most good for the most people.”

District officials ran calls until about 1:30 a.m. The last call for the night was to Midwest Petroleum on Highway 47 south after reports of water in the building near electrical controls.