By Gregg Jones
Union Missourian Editor
Local designers and artists are invited to submit artwork for the new Union Area Chamber of Commerce logo slated to be unveiled next year.
Chamber Executive Director Aimee Frey said the new logo is part of an overall branding effort at the Chamber.
“I think having a clear brand that makes us easily recognizable in the community is important,” she said.
Frey added that the new logo would be on the Chamber site, letterhead, business cards, signage and most anything Union Chamber related.
“We want to throw it out all over the place,” she said. “It will pretty much go on everything.”
Frey noted that the rebranding comes at a good time as the city of Union is rebranding.
“I thought we should jump on that bandwagon,” Frey said. “We want something cool and fun so we can get a fresh start all around.”
The winner will be selected Nov. 12, Frey said, so changes can be made, if need be, before the logo is made public.
“I am excited to get submissions in,” she said. “I always look forward to seeing creative minds work.”
Frey encourages Union High School and East Central College students to take part in the contest.
Below are some rules to the Union Chamber logo contest:
• Artwork must be submitted in a high resolution digital file or a clean camera-ready copy;
• Artwork must be submitted in black and white, gray scale and color;
• Artwork must contain “Union Area Chamber of Commerce” and “Union, Missouri” to be eligible;
• There is no size restriction;
• The Union Area Chamber of Commerce will be the exclusive owner of the artwork after submission and will retain the right to use the artwork, whole or in part, at any point in the future;
• Submissions must include a contact name, full address, phone number and email address;
• The winning designer will receive $250 and will be featured in the November e-newsletter, the Chamber website and the Chamber Facebook page;
• Artwork can be submitted by mail to Union Area Chamber of Commerce Logo Design Contest, and the address of P.O. Box 168 Union MO, 63084, or 103 S. Oak St., Union, MO, 63084. The submissions also can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, people may call Frey at 636-583-8979.