There are about 25 businesses and organizations set to take part in Union’s first Winter Wonderland Parade Friday night.
The Winter Wonderland Parade will be held Friday, Dec. 13, beginning at 5:30 p.m.
The parade is held in conjunction with the Union Parks and Recreation Department’s annual Children’s Christmas Party at the Union City Auditorium, which begins immediately after the parade.
Chamber Director Aimee Frey said there is room for more participants in the parade and activities to follow.
The parade begins in front of Union City Hall, then travels west on Locust Street, north on Washington Avenue, east on Main Street and south on Linden Street to Locust Street.
“The police department will be leading the parade and Santa will bring up the rear,” Frey said.
At the parks party there will be refreshments, face painting, snowflake making, balloon sculpting, entertainment and visits with Santa. People can bring their own cameras for pictures with Santa.
Anyone can take part in the parade, but they must fill out waivers, which are available by calling the Chamber at 636-583-8979, or by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The waivers also are available on the Chamber’s Facebook page.
The Chamber also is looking for businesses or organizations to set up a booth with crafts or snacks to offer following the parade.
Following are some guidelines for the parade:
• All entries must be decoratively lighted;
• Incomplete applications and liability forms will not be accepted;
• No Santas. Santa and Mrs. Claus already are scheduled to attend;
• All entries must agree to the official rules and regulations of the parade;
• The parade committee has the right to deny any applicant entry into the parade;
• The Chamber has the right to remove an entry from the parade that does not follow the rules or is in poor taste;
• All applicants are responsible for any and all acts/omissions on their part, or the part of their agents/employees, which may result in injury or damage to themselves or third parties;
• All applicants are required to abide by the rules and regulations as established by the Chamber of Commerce and by state laws;
• All cars not being used in the parade must be removed from the event area by 5 p.m.; and
• Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on float entries.