Gerald Man Dies in Fire - The Missourian: Local News

default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

Gerald Man Dies in Fire

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:06 pm | Updated: 3:10 pm, Thu Nov 21, 2013.

A Gerald man died in an early Sunday fire at a residence at 519 Flottmann Road.

Authorities identified the man as 83-year-old Robert M. Laycook.

The fire remains under investigation, Franklin County Arson Investigator Jim Schuhmacher said.

Gerald police and Gerald/Rosebud fire personnel were dispatched to the residence, which used to be a two-story schoolhouse, at 1:47 a.m. on Sunday. When they arrived, they found the structure engulfed in flames.

Emergency responders tried to enter the structure, but couldn’t because of the heavy smoke and flames.

Laycook was found inside.

For more, see the Wednesday Missourian.

/local_news

Jobs