Habitat for Humanity of Franklin County, Inc. is seeking applicants to apply for a new home currently being built in Sullivan.
Applications are available online at franklincountymohabitat.org. Candidates can also request an application by calling the Habitat office at 636-583-1020 and leave a name and address on the answering machine, or request by mail at Habitat for Humanity of Franklin County, P.O. Box 178, Union, MO 63084.
There is no deadline for applications.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must have a need for housing and be unable to obtain conventional financing due to limited income.
• Applicants must have enough income to repay the Habitat mortgage and monthly living expenses, and must have an acceptable credit history and qualify for a USDA loan.
• Applicants must be willing to partner with Habitat which includes working at least 300 hours for new homes and 75 hours on rehabbed homes.
• Applicants must be willing to undergo a criminal background check. This does not automatically disqualify an applicant for consideration.
• Applicants must be residents of Franklin County or have gainful employment in Franklin County.
The following are required steps for applying for a home:
• Step 1: Download cover letter, Habitat application, and USDA application.
• Step 2: Complete and mail USDA Application to the Farmington address on the form and keep a copy for your records.
• Step 3: Complete and mail Habitat application to the Union address on the form.