St. Clair Fire Protection District firefighter Joe Van Leer stands on a ladder and looks down at the ceiling fan and light fixture from the damaged attic area above the nurses station Monday evening after a small fire broke out in the Crab Apple Village nursing home just outside of St. Clair. The fire only damaged the ceiling and attic above the nurses office in the front of the facility, and no one was injured.
Checking the Roof
St. Clair Fire Protection District firefighters start checking the roof of the Crab Apple Village nursing home just outside of St. Clair on Monday evening after a small fire broke out above the nurses station office in the front part of the facility. No injuries were reported.
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:16 am
Crab Apple Village residents had to spend about 15 to 20 minutes outside in the triple-digit heat on Monday evening after a small fire smoldered in the attic above the nurses station in the front part of the facility.
None of the nearly 40 residents was injured or treated during or after the incident that was first called in to the St. Clair Fire Protection District at 5:39 p.m.
Or, use your
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:16 am.