Felony charges have been issued for a third time on a Tennessee man who already was being detained following an incident that led to the second charge.

All of the incidents are related.

St. Clair Police Chief Bill Hammack said on Monday evening that first-degree felony aggravated stalking charges were issued earlier that day on 32-year-old Russ E. Deshields, of Paris, Tenn.

The charges were issued after police received a complaint by Deshields’ 30-year-old ex-wife that he was harassing her by telephone from the Franklin County Jail.

A log sheet from the sheriff’s office indicated that Deshields had made several calls to the victim from the facility. The conversations were recorded.

An additional bond was set at $25,000.

Deshields already was at the detention facility after felony charges of tampering with a victim were issued on July 9 after he allegedly called another man and threatened to assault him.

That incident marked the second time in about six weeks that Deshields had had felony charges issued on him by St. Clair Police.

Hammack said that on July 8, St. Clair officers were notified that Deshields had called a 32-year-old resident of 75 Briegleb St. and threatened to assault him. Officers located and arrested Deshields about three blocks away from the home.

Hammack said that Deshields was out on bond but already officially had been charged with a felony for allegedly smashing the windows of two vehicles at the Briegleb Street residence on May 27.

A cash-only bond of $25,000 was set on the second charge.

In the May 27 incident, Deshields was charged in Franklin County Associate Circuit Court with first-degree property damage. Prosecutors at that time requested a $25,000 bond.

Those charges stemmed from an incident at the Briegleb Street home when Deshields allegedly shattered the window of a 1997 Pontiac Sunbird.

At that time, the 30-year-old ex-wife told police she heard the window being smashed but did not see the suspect.

Police located Deshields’ vehicle unoccupied on North Main Street and later found him walking through a field on South Commercial Avenue near the MFA plant.

Deshields fled on foot but was apprehended.

Initial police reports indicated that he had damaged the windows of two vehicles.