The New Haven Preservation Society has scheduled its 28th annual Christmas Candlelight House Tour for Sunday, Dec. 6.
The event kicks off with a Christmas Choral Concert beginning at 3 p.m. at the St. Peters United Church of Christ, located at 607 Maupin St. This will be followed by a candlelight house tour featuring six area homes.
An added attraction for this year’s event is a large display of Nativities which can be viewed at the Old Schoolhouse located at 810 Maupin St.
A room filled with dozens of Nativity crèches from countries and cultures around the world will be open to the public.
Carol Kuhlmann, a local musician, will perform holiday music on the lap harp at the Nativity display.
The house tour is scheduled from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. The homes and themes are as follows:
• Jordan and Jennifer Aubin, 906 Miller St. — Warm Christmas Hospitality.
• Scott and Megan Buhr, 1015 Maupin St. — Historic Holiday Fun.
• Scott and Angela Klahn, 803 Douglas — Family Christmas Magic.
• Kuenzel Valley Winery B & B, 4405 Kohl City Road. — Country Christmas Cheer.
• Mark and Renee Laune, 1114 Olive Road. – Festive Christmas Delight.
• Julie Wiegand Studio, Lyons School Road. — Artful Country Christmas.
• Old Maupin Street School, 810 Maupin — Yummy Holiday Treats.
At any time during the tour participants are invited to stop at the Old School to view the Nativity display and enjoy free refreshments.
Organizers said this year’s tour is very unique and features contrasting home designs and Christmas decorations.
Three of the residences were built in the 1800s. One was converted to a B & B, another, an original one-room school, is now a residence and art studio. The tour will be full of exciting discoveries, organizers said.
Tickets may be purchased at each location on the day of the tour or in advance at the following locations: Robller Winery, 275 Robller Vineyard Rd., Elizabeth’s, 139 Front St., and Citizens Bank, 100 Circle Dr.
Admission to the concert is $3 per person (children under 12 are free). House tour tickets are $10 per person (under 12 under free).
For more information call 573-237-2300 or 573-237-3667.