Dalton Wilson

A St. Clair teen has been arrested and charged with allegedly making a terrorist threat against St. Clair High School.

St. Clair police received a report from a resident stating that Dalton C. Wilson, 17, made threats Oct. 29 to shoot students at St. Clair High School, according to Police Chief Bill Hammack.

During the investigation, students also told police Wilson had made threats to shoot students at school.

According to the probable cause statement filed by St. Clair police with the Franklin County Prosecutor’s office, witnesses stated Wilson said he planned the shooting for graduation day or senior day.

Wilson allegedly stated he had enough bullets and guns to “shoot up the school” and asked two witnesses to assist with the shooting because he could not get through all of the halls himself, according to the probable cause statement.

Wilson allegedly told witnesses they were “going to end the school year with a bang.” He also told a witness to take off his shirt when he “hears a bang” so Wilson knows not to shoot him, according to the statement.

Police allege witnesses saw Wilson staple himself in the arm and head, stating he “felt no pain.”

On Nov. 2, an affidavit was signed by a police officer for a 72-hour psychological exam for Wilson. He was taken into custody and transported to the St. Anthony Hospital Psychological Unit for examination.

Wilson was released from the hospital three hours later, according to Hammack.

Search Warrant

St. Clair police executed a search warrant Nov. 3 for the residence where Wilson was living off Ironwood Lane. Officers seized computers, a cellphone, a .38 caliber handgun, a .22 caliber rifle and ammunition.

Wilson’s family indicated that the firearms and ammunition belong to a relative who resides with Wilson. A forensic exam is scheduled for the computers and phone.

A bond hearing for Wilson is scheduled for Monday, Nov. 13.

Wilson was a senior at St. Clair High School until he was removed last week.

Superintendent Kyle Kruse told The Missourian that after district officials were made aware of the situation and credible witnesses were interviewed regarding his threats, Wilson was removed from school.

“As late as Monday (Nov. 6) this week, we did not know that there would be charges filed,” Kruse said.

After the police department released information regarding Wilson’s charges Tuesday evening, a districtwide email and phone call was sent out notifying parents of the situation Wednesday morning, Nov. 8.

At that time, the district went into lockout mode. The lockout was lifted around noon after Wilson was taken into custody, Kruse said.

As of Friday morning, Wilson is out on bond.

Managing Editor Gregg Jones contributed to the story.