A Union man who allegedly burglarized a home to assault a former girlfriend was charged Monday.

A Franklin County felony complaint charges Deontre T. Mathis, 25, with first-degree burglary, second-degree assault and first-degree property damage. He is being held at the Franklin County Jail on a $60,000 cash-only bond.

According to the probable cause statement filed by the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department, on Sunday, April 8, at 7:40 a.m., Mathis kicked open a door of a home in the 5600 block of Dry Branch Road, St. Clair.

Mathis and the female victim had been in a relationship that ended in 2017, authorities stated.

Mathis allegedly went into the bedroom of the home wielding a 3-foot-long piece of lumber and threatened a man staying at the residence.

The male victim and a female victim went outside the home where Mathis allegedly grabbed the victim by the hair and threw her to the ground in the front yard. Deputies located a “chunk” of dislodged hair on the ground.

The man left the residence “hurriedly” in his vehicle, authorities said.

The suspect then “stomped” with his foot on the victim’s head repeatedly while she was on the ground, police allege.

The victim told deputies that Mathis threw a decorative yard statue at the hood of her car, causing damage, the probable cause statement reads.

The suspect then got into a waiting vehicle and left the scene.

The victim had injuries to her back, arms and forehead, authorities said. The assault was witnessed by the woman’s daughter.

According to the sheriff’s office, Mathis was not immediately located. However, an investigation led to a home in Union. The homeowner gave permission for authorities to enter the residence where they arrested Mathis.

Prosecutors Monday also issued charges for third-degree domestic assault and first-degree property damage from an incident that occurred Feb. 14.

According to the probable cause statement from that incident, the suspect went into the same home to retrieve his belongings.

Mathis allegedly punched the same female victim in the side of the head with a closed fist. He then kicked open and damaged a bedroom door, authorities said.

Mathis also knocked over a microwave, damaged the victim’s jewelry and threw a set of keys at a TV screen, breaking it. The suspect then fled the scene in a car.

On Feb. 28, the suspect was stopped by Union police. Before a deputy arrived at the scene to question Mathis he stated he was not going to talk with authorities and rode away on his bicycle.