A convicted felon surrendered early Wednesday following a 30-minute standoff at a trailer court in Gerald.

According to the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department, deputies were alerted that Montgomery C. Sinklear, 43, Union, was at the Hillside Trailer Court in possession of a stolen truck and a stolen firearm.

The Franklin County Sheriff SWAT team was activated during the 3 a.m. incident due to Sinklear’s history of violence and suspicions that he was armed.

Sinklear made threats toward the officers and barricaded himself inside the residence. Two women exited the residence and were detained, but later released.

A Franklin County Sheriff’s Office negotiator contacted Sinklear and continued negotiations for about 30 minutes, eventually leading to Sinklear’s surrender.

Inside the residence detectives with the Multi-County Violent Crimes and Narcotics Enforcement Unit seized narcotics and drug paraphernalia.

A 2005 Chevy Silverado stolen from Pacific on Dec. 4 was recovered nearby at an abandoned trailer in the trailer park, authorities said.

Sinklear had Franklin County warrants for his arrest for violating terms of parole on felony charges of forgery, assault on law enforcement, damage to jail property and misdemeanor driving while suspended.

He is being held without bond at the Franklin County Jail.

Previous Charges

In November 2016, Circuit Judge Ike Lamke suspended Sinklear’s four-year prison sentence on the conviction of resisting arrest placed on five years’ probation.

Those charges stem from a March 31, 2016, incident in which Sinklear was apprehended by Sullivan police at the westbound 219-mile marker of Interstate 44 near Bourbon.

Earlier in the day, Sullivan officers had responded to the Comfort Inn, 736 South Service Road West, on a report of a stolen black 2012 Chevrolet Cruze.

Reports stated that the owner of the car said her boyfriend had taken the vehicle sometime after 4 a.m. that day. She said she saw several Molotov cocktails in the car and that her boyfriend may be planning on doing property damage to several individuals who he believed had wronged him. Police indicated those individuals lived in the Washington and New Haven areas.

About 112 hours later, the Cruze was seen traveling westbound on I-44 entering the Sullivan city limits. A Sullivan officer attempted to stop the car, but the driver failed to yield. The car was driven westbound on the interstate for about another 7 miles before coming to a stop at the 219-mile marker.

The suspect was apprehended at that time with the assistance of the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office and the Missouri Highway Patrol. There were no Molotov cocktails found inside the car.

Sinklear also was sentenced to probation in March on charges of assault of a law enforcement officer and damage to jail property.

In June 2016 Sinklear allegedly ripped a phone off the wall of the “J-module” at the Franklin County Jail.

According to the sheriff’s office, several other inmates said they were awakened by the noise of Sinklear yelling and screaming and tearing the phone off the wall.

The alleged assault occurred in July 2016 when Sinklear allegedly threw a lunch tray through a meal slot at a deputy. The tray struck the deputy, cutting his shin, according to reports.