Two people accused of luring a couple to a Labadie area home last week then assaulting them are facing felony charges in Franklin County circuit court, authorities said.

Larry Ortmann, 55, Labadie, and Carla Manning, 42, Pacific, are charged with one count each of felonious restraint and second-degree assault. Ortmann’s bond was set at $50,000 and Manning’s at $25,000. Both were released Saturday after posting bail.

Detective Cpl. Scott Briggs with the Franklin County Narcotics Enforcement Unit said a 28-year-old Pacific man was severely beaten in the incident Thursday night at Ortmann’s residence off of Grand Army Road.

The victim had been tied up with duct tape and was beaten with a wooden baseball bat and a steel fireplace poker, Briggs said. The man sustained broken bones in both hands and possibly a forearm, the detective said.

Also assaulted was a 30-year-old woman who managed to flee the home and run to a neighbor’s residence to call the sheriff’s office.

Briggs said deputies received a “frantic” call from a woman who said the suspects were going to kill her boyfriend.

When deputies arrived at the house they found some suspected methamphetamine and a one-pot meth lab at the rear of the home, Briggs said. At that point they called in the task force to assist in the investigation.

Briggs said Ortmann alleged that the male victim had been stealing items from his home. Ortmann and Manning allegedly set a trap to lure the victims to the home then when they arrived they restrained them.

While Ortmann and others allegedly beat the male victim, Manning allegedly assaulted the female victim but she managed to break free and was not seriously hurt, Briggs said.

Briggs said investigators are looking to question two other male suspects believed to have been involved.

Ortmann and Manning were booked Thursday night and released, Briggs said.

When investigators went back to the home late Friday afternoon to question Ortmann further, they found additional items used to make meth and meth lab remnants around the property, according to Briggs.

At that point, Ortmann was arrested again and held with Manning until they posted bond the next day.