The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) will host an open house-style public meeting Wednesday, July 19, from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Franklin County Government Building to discuss design-build safety improvements.
There are 16 locations within Franklin County slated for safety improvements through a state design-build project that is modeled to expedite the time line for upgrades, as well as cut costs.
MoDOT entered into an agreement with N.B. West Contracting, St. Louis, in May to design and build $24 million in safety upgrades throughout Franklin and St. Charles counties. N.B. West is partnered with Horner & Shifrin, Inc., Lochmueller Group and Engineering Design Source Inc. N.B. West was one of five design-build contractor teams competing for the project.
Construction is expected to begin this fall, and will be complete by fall of 2019.
The design-build process gives prequalified teams the opportunity to use innovative processes to meet established goals for a project. The contractor team whose proposal best meets the projects’ goals is determined to be the apparent best value.
The design-build goals are:
• Deliver the projects within the budget of $24.11 million;
• Reduce fatal and serious injury crashes by maximizing safety improvements;
• Deliver all improvements with a reasonable service life and low-maintenance cost;
• Minimize impact to the public during and after construction; and
• Complete construction on the projects by Oct. 1, 2019.