County Commission Awards Contract for Hogan Road - The Missourian: Local News

default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

County Commission Awards Contract for Hogan Road

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 10:00 am

A stretch of county road around Gray Summit will see improvements under a contract awarded Tuesday by the county commission, an official said.

At $672,864, Unnerstall Contracting of Pacific was the lowest of four biders and was awarded the construction contract for the Hogan Road project, County Highway Administrator Joe Feldmann said.

Hogan Road runs adjacent to Interstate 44.

The project will be from the intersection of Highway 100 and Hogan Road and run east for about three-quarters of a mile.

It will involve widening the road by 2 feet and adding 2-foot shoulders on each side, Feldmann said.

The intersection of Highway 100 and Hogan Road will be widened to improve traffic flow.

“It’s going to be a nice, wide intersection,” Feldmann said.

A third part of the project will involve lowering a grade by about 4 feet and straightening some of the road where some accidents have occurred in curvy areas, Feldmann said.

Other bidders on the project were:

• Spencer Contracting, Arnold, $832,441;

• Gershenson Construction, Eureka, $758,143;

• K.J. Unnerstall Construction, Washington, $707,408.

Federal dollars will cover 80 percent of the cost, and the county will cover the other 20 percent.

Feldmann said the project could begin to get under way by the end of the month.

The project could take six months.

/local_news

Jobs