A Franklin County bridge that is more than 90 years old will be replaced.

The Franklin County Commission on Tuesday approved a contract to replace the bridge over Bucklick Creek.

The contract was awarded to Chester Bross Construction Company of Palmyra for $341,158. It was the lowest of nine bidders.

The project will put in a concrete bridge at Bucklick School Road near New Haven.

The old bridge dates back to 1920. It will be removed as the Missouri Department of Transportation has rated it as 70 percent deficient, said Eva Gadcke, Franklin County’s highway administrator.

Federal funds will cover 80 percent of the project cost, and Franklin County will pay for the other 20 percent.

Construction will begin in March or April, and it should take about 90 days to build.