The Missourian won a total of 10 awards at the annual Missouri Advertising Managers Association (MAMA) Best Ad Contest held last Thursday and Friday at the Lake of the Ozarks.
The awards were presented by Jane Haslag, MAMA president.
The Missourian won four first-place and five second-place awards, as well as an honorable mention in the weeklies division.
The awards won and ad reps recognized are as follows:
• Best Full Page, first place, Pepsi 75th anniversary ad, Michelle Charles.
• Best One Time Special Section, first place, Missourian 75th Anniversary, Bill Miller Sr.
• Best Classified Section, first place, Jeanine York and staff.
• Best Newspaper Promotion, first place, college hoops contest, staff.
• Best Ad Series, second place, 12 Reasons, Jane Haberberger.
• Most Creative Use of One Spot Color, second place, Missed Black Friday, Terry O’Neill.
• Best Classified Section, second place, Jeanine York and staff.
• Best Shared/Signature Page, second place, Easter services, Jeanine York and staff.
• Best Advertising Sales Tool, second place, Missourian information, Jane Haberberger.
• Best Ad Content Entire Publication, honorable mention, staff.
The Warren County Record, a sister publication of The Missourian, also won second place for Best Full Page Ad.
O’Neill and Haberberger of The Missourian staff and Jana Todd of The Record attended the conference.