Charles G. and Else Coy, Washington, are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary this week.
They were married in Heilbronn, Germany, on April 11, 1959, at city hall, as is required by the German government. Afterward, they had a military wedding at Wharton Barracks Church. The two weddings were performed both in English and German, for a total of four ceremonies.
The church is the only structure left at Wharton Barracks today.