AARP Tax-Aide, the nation’s largest run tax assistance and preparation program, will be offering services in Franklin and St. Louis counties starting the first week of February.

In Union, volunteers will prepare federal and state returns including the Property Tax Credit commonly known as the “Circuit Breaker” by appointment, beginning Feb. 1, at the Union City Hall on Tuesdays. For appointments, people should call 636-583-1656.

In Washington, volunteers will be working at the Washington Senior Center on Wednesdays. For appointments, people should call 636-432-1732 Mondays through Wednesdays and also on Fridays.

In Pacific, volunteers will be at Tri-County Senior Center on Tuesdays. Call 636-257-6264. 

In Eureka, volunteers will be at Route 66 Senior Center on Wednesdays. Call 636-671-6269.

For St. Louis and surrounding areas, people can call 1-888-227-7669, or visit the Tax-Aide website, aide.

What to Bring With You

•Copy of last year’s tax return.

•W-2 forms from each employer.

•Unemployment compensation statements.

•SSA-1099 form if you received Social Security benefits.

•All 1099 forms showing interest/dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets.

•1099-MISC showing any miscellaneous income.

•1099-R form if you received an annuity or pension.

•All forms indicating federal and/or state income tax paid.

•Dependent care provider information (name, employer, Social Security number).

•All receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions.

•Social Security cards or other official documentation for your self and dependents.

Not everyone is required to file an income tax return. There is a minimum income not subject to taxation. To find this minimum, look up form 9452 at

Those who do not need to file a return, but who have had any tax withheld, the only way to get a refund is to file a return.

Volunteers also are always needed. For information on how to volunteer, people can visit