The annual fair run/walk was held early Saturday morning, at the city park pavilion behind the concert stage at the fairgrounds.
The five-mile run began at 7 a.m. followed by a two-mile walk at 7:05 a.m. and then a one-mile fun run for kids 12 and younger at 8 a.m.
The Fair queen contestants and Fair Board members participated.
Meyer said timing chips were used for the first time this year to ensure accurate times in the run, and a TV was be set up at the finish line so runners can see their times as they come in.
Prizes were awarded to the top overall female and male winner in the run, and the top three winners in each age division.
The event was followed by a post-race party with food and refreshments.
Find a local business
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Breaking news alerts sent right to your inbox!
Signup today! News updates sent out twice a week.
The latest e-Edition of The Missourian is now available!
Are you a subscriber who would you like to know when the latest e-edition of The Missourian is live online? Signup today!
Court Dockets & Dispositions
- Investigators Seize Meth, Cash In Raid at Home
- Two Charged in Raid at Fifth Street Home
- Safety Concern Suspends Union Bus Route Tuesday
- Motorcyclist Seriously Hurt in Crash
- Commission to Meet With Corps Next Week to Discuss Flooding
- Franklin County Highway Department Employee Investigated
- Griesheimer: Allegations Hurt All Employees - Criminal Investigation Continues
- Training Facilities Named For Former Sheriff Deputies - Combined 77 Years of Service
- Searchers Fail to Locate Suspect
- ‘I Have a Big Heart for New Haven’